Start your day with stunning views of Vancouver, the Strait of Georgia and the Gulf Islands before landing in the heart of downtown Victoria. Search for Orcas and Humpback Whales along with other marine wildlife on a three-hour Zodiac or covered-boat excursion (seasonal) through the nearby Juan de Fuca and Haro Straits. The Salish Sea waterways surrounding southern Vancouver Island are home to nearly 200 species of marine mammals and birds. Additional highlights on this tour include seals, sea lions, seabirds, and the spectacular vistas of Southern Vancouver Island and the Olympic Mountains. Depending on tour time, explore the city of Victoria at your leisure before returning to Vancouver on the scheduled flight of your choice.
Below is an example of a typical itinerary for this tour. Alternate departure times may be available; specific times may vary by season.
- 8:00 am – Arrive for tour check-in at Harbour Air’s downtown Vancouver terminal
- 8:30 am – Meet your pilot and depart on a scenic 35-minute flight to Victoria
- 9:30 am – Arrive for check-in at Orca Spirit Adventures, located on the dock next to our Victoria terminal
- 10:00 am – Embark on a three-hour whale watching tour by boat
- 1:00 pm – After your whale watching tour, enjoy free time exploring downtown Victoria. Ask us for recommendations!
- 4:30 pm – Return to the Harbour Air terminal to check-in for your return flight to Vancouver
- Adults: 12+ | Child: 2-11 | Infants: 0-1 (free)
- For the Zodiac tour children must be a minimum of 6 years old.
- Passenger minimums may apply on some tours
- Passengers may be combined with other guests on the same tour
- Fares are listed in Canadian funds and include Carbon Offset, port/dock fees, GST and may be subject to change.
Did you know? Southern Vancouver Island is the best place to see whales in the wild! There is a chance of seeing a number of different species of whales including Bigg’s Killer Whales, humpback whales, Minke whales, and gray whales in addition to other wildlife. All of this being said, these are wild animals that guests are viewing and so there is the chance of them being a little more elusive some days, which is why Orca Spirit offers their Whale Guarantee.