We’re Supporting Tour de Cure, and You Can Too!
Harbour Air is proud to not only sponsor but be an active participant in BC Cancer Foundations Tour de Cure (formerly Ride to Conquer Cancer). Most recently, in 2019, our team of riders, generous partners, suppliers, passengers, and employees helped raise more than $500,000. And while we’ve made huge ‘rides’ forward, unfortunately, so too has this destructive disease.
So, we’re upping our game and together with our team, setting a goal of $800,000
Since we’re looking to raise more, we know we need to do more. Our team ‘Blood, Sweat, and Cures’ consists of more than 50 riders made up of Harbour Air employees, Lymphoma Researchers, Lymphoma Cancer Survivors and instrumental BC Cancer Foundation Donors. Riders will participate in 50 km, 100 km, or 160 km rides together cycling 550 kms on August 27. We believe by doing this we can show you how important we believe the work that the BC Cancer Foundation is doing and why we need your help. More information about the Tour de Cure event can be found here.
Contribute to our teams goal of raising approximately $800,000 for the Centre for Lymphoid Cancer and leverage that through grants to as much as ten times.
These funds raised will be focused on:
- Developing accurate diagnostic tools and new treatments
- Tapping into state-of-the-art genomics, models, and testing to characterize the biology of lymphoma
- Implementing biomarker tests to better guide treatment decisions
- Developing a world-class training program to attract and ensure the next generations of leaders
Want to Help?
A few ways you can be a part of this initiative are:
- Donating to our Team: Donations can be made via this page here. 100% of every dollar donated goes directly to our program and tax receipts are provided.
- Flying on Fridays! Leading up to the ride on August 27th, 100% of the funds raised through our Share the Fare Friday’s program will be going towards our team’s goal. Our Share the Fare program donates $1 on behalf of every passenger, every Friday year-round, more information about this initiative can be found here.
We are very appreciative of your support as we take part in this 160 km cycle continuing our ongoing commitment to helping the BC Cancer Foundation in their efforts to find a cure for cancer.
About BC Cancer Foundation
The BC Cancer Foundation believes that together, BC CAN break down cancer.
We are the fundraising partner of BC Cancer. Every dollar we raise stays at BC Cancer to advance research and enhance care for the people of BC and beyond by connecting personalized care, innovative research and opportunities to contribute.
At the BC Cancer Foundation we believe that with your help, BC CAN make a difference in the lives of all British Columbians. We know that one in two people in our province will face cancer in their lifetime and we’re igniting progress to break down cancer, piece by piece, in the labs and clinics. For more information, please visit bccancerfoundation.com